For many years I wondered what I wanted to be "when I grow up." Well, I'm basically a grown up now. What phrase can I use now?
I hate being unsure of myself and my plans for the future. For the longest time, I wanted to be a dancer with writing and photography on the side (as sources of income since ballet pays very little)...then that changed. I stopped being so interested in photography, ballet was out of the question, and writing...well...I'm not so good.
What now? I considered my options, something with children seemed the most predominant. I discovered nannying as a career, and it was perfect! I looked into agencies and schools and found that there were only two accredited schools in the whole country, I chose the one closest.
So far, I've put two-hundred dollars into application fees, book fees, dorm deposits, etc., but do I really want to go there? Every time I call, they tell me something different. They never remember who I am or why the called me if I'm returning their call. It's just really unorganized.
For awhile I was really discouraged, confused, and anxious to figure out where I was going to go to school if I changed my mind about the English Nanny and Governess School.
Then...out of the blue, my aunt sent me a newspaper clipping about the English Nanny and Governess School and a new nanny school called "The Alexandria School." What great timing!
I don't have a solution yet, but I'm excited to go on a visit to this new school with optimism and interest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great career choice if you do go that route. I love kids. I worked at a daycare for about 6 months and it drove me insane. Most of the kids were wonderful and I still think about some of them. Then you have the other ones who called me more names than all of my adult friends combined. Not nice names either. My main problem was the daycare itself. I just didn't like the way they handled things. In my opinion they were more concerned with making money than the kids themselves and that is just plain sad.
I would still love to work with kids, but honestly I would just love to be a stay at home mom. be there to teach my own kids and prepare them for the big bad world out there. Homeschooling my kids is something else I would love to do. But the way I would love to do it, I just don't have the time, money or resources to do so.
Good luck hon! I hope it works out for you!!
Post a Comment